• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot locate app

Foxysmom

Lurker
Feb 14, 2020
I have an issue of not being able to locate an app on my phone that I want to use. I go to settings and it shows the app installed but it only allows me to uninstall it. I go to the play store and it does not show the original app that is installed. The reviews aren't horrible and the app I have I want to use. Help!!!!

Welcome to Android Forums, Foxysmom! :)
I go to settings and it shows the app installed
Okay, when you're in settings and see the app listed, press on the app to see its info, then scroll down to the bottom; you should see something like this [down at the bottom]:

Screenshot_20200215-114223.png

Does your app show that it was installed from the Play Store? If so, then press on that sentence and it should take you to its Play Store page.

Does it? If so, there should be an 'open' choice; that's one way of running it. But not ideal!

As my buddy @Dannydet said, look for it in your app drawer--HOWEVER, if you're using a third-party launcher [as most of us do], it's possible that its icon has either deliberately been hidden or it's simply not where you're looking for it. (That may apply to a stock launcher, too; I wouldn't know.)

So...go through the above steps and post your results. If you follow its link [via settings] and it does not take you to its Play Store page, it should give you an error message, like 'not found.' It may have been removed for some reason. But that doesn't mean you can't use it, as long as it's on your phone, and we know it is. It's just a matter of putting its icon in your app drawer.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones