• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot log into Gmail after password change

Hi

I had to reset my Gmail password, and it works on my PC and Tablet but when I try to log into Gmail on my Galaxy Ace it will not acceot the new password and will not sync, I tried deleting the data in the Gmail app but this did not help.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Daniel

Hi,

thanks for your help,

turns out it was because I had enabled two stage authentication on my Tablet, and as it also turns out I could not access the Gmail from my PC either.

Sorry to waste your time.

Regards

Daniel
I have the same problem. I reset my password and enabled the 2-step verification. I can access my gmail from the same phone if I go through the website, but not from the app. I can still login to my gmail from my pc.

I've tried a force stop and clear data, in the application manager. I can't find an option to uninstall and re-install.

I get the same password issue when I try to connect to google play store.

Any further thoughts?

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. I reset my password and enabled the 2-step verification. I can access my gmail from the same phone if I go through the website, but not from the app. I can still login to my gmail from my pc.

I've tried a force stop and clear data, in the application manager. I can't find an option to uninstall and re-install.

I get the same password issue when I try to connect to google play store.

Any further thoughts?

Go into Settings >> Accounts and Sync >> Tap on your account there >> Remove account >> Re-add account and password
Hope this help:);)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones