1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot log into Gmail after password change

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daniellouwrens, Dec 6, 2013.

1. daniellouwrens

Hi

I had to reset my Gmail password, and it works on my PC and Tablet but when I try to log into Gmail on my Galaxy Ace it will not acceot the new password and will not sync, I tried deleting the data in the Gmail app but this did not help.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Daniel

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Go into accounts. Delete your gmail account. Create a new gmail account with the new password. That should get everything working.

PaulS likes this.
  3. daniellouwrens

Hi,

thanks for your help,

turns out it was because I had enabled two stage authentication on my Tablet, and as it also turns out I could not access the Gmail from my PC either.

Sorry to waste your time.

Regards

Daniel

4. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

NP. Thinking keeps me from turning into a vegetable.

5. talkome

talkome Lurker

I have the same problem. I reset my password and enabled the 2-step verification. I can access my gmail from the same phone if I go through the website, but not from the app. I can still login to my gmail from my pc.

I've tried a force stop and clear data, in the application manager. I can't find an option to uninstall and re-install.

I get the same password issue when I try to connect to google play store.

Any further thoughts?

6. balachis

balachis Newbie

Go into Settings >> Accounts and Sync >> Tap on your account there >> Remove account >> Re-add account and password
    Hope this help:);)

Samsung Galaxy Ace Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Ace release date was February 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 278GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1350mAh battery.

February 2011
Release Date
Reviews