1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Cannot make calls.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GalaxiaAndroid, Nov 21, 2012.

1. GalaxiaAndroid

Oct 10, 2012
    Male
    Hi all,

I have tried to make a call on my S3 this morning but when I press the call buttton (the green phone symbol) on the phone I hear a beep and 'call ended' comes up in the display immediately, it returns me to the 'home screen' and I cannot make the call.

I am on the Giffgaff mobile network, i have a full mobile signal, can send texts and access the internet/facebook etc using my mobile network connection.

Does anyone know what the problem is or what the problem might be? I hope there isn't a problem with the phone. If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Advertisement

2. jamsterdm

jamsterdm Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Male
    Ive had this problem before i had a dodgy application that stopped me making phone calls, it was some sort of a facebook contact sync app so any apps that you have related to calling/contacts remove and try calling to see if that sorts the problem, hope this helps.....

Of course if this doesnt sort the problem you could always do a factory reset :D (i feel like samsung saying that haha)

3. sleeco

sleeco Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Leeds UK.
    it's a Giffgaff problem, it's resolved now

4. GalaxiaAndroid

Oct 10, 2012
    Male
    Ok, thanks for letting me know sleeco. I have since tried to make calls again and I can now make calls no problem.

Thanks,
    Ben.