• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot make calls.

Hi all,

I have tried to make a call on my S3 this morning but when I press the call buttton (the green phone symbol) on the phone I hear a beep and 'call ended' comes up in the display immediately, it returns me to the 'home screen' and I cannot make the call.

I am on the Giffgaff mobile network, i have a full mobile signal, can send texts and access the internet/facebook etc using my mobile network connection.

Does anyone know what the problem is or what the problem might be? I hope there isn't a problem with the phone. If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Hi all,

I have tried to make a call on my S3 this morning but when I press the call buttton (the green phone symbol) on the phone I hear a beep and 'call ended' comes up in the display immediately, it returns me to the 'home screen' and I cannot make the call.

I am on the Giffgaff mobile network, i have a full mobile signal, can send texts and access the internet/facebook etc using my mobile network connection.

Does anyone know what the problem is or what the problem might be? I hope there isn't a problem with the phone. If you need any more information please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Ive had this problem before i had a dodgy application that stopped me making phone calls, it was some sort of a facebook contact sync app so any apps that you have related to calling/contacts remove and try calling to see if that sorts the problem, hope this helps.....

Of course if this doesnt sort the problem you could always do a factory reset :D (i feel like samsung saying that haha)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones