1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot Mount New SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ppoon, Jul 20, 2011.

1. ppoon

ppoon Lurker
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Someone seems to have asked this before but none seems to describe my exact problem.

I bought an xperia play 2 days ago, which came with a 8gb sd card, and shortly afterwards I rooted the phone. However, I soon realised that 8gb is not enough space for the games that i wanted to play, and i just bought a 16gb kingston micro sd. So I plugged the sd card into the phone, but it refuses to mount. I went to settings>storage>mount sd card, and it just wouldnt mount. I checked that the new sd, like the old one, is fat32 but now I'm really stuck. Can someone please help me on how I will be able to mount and use the sd card for this phone? Thanks a lot.

Advertisement

2. dudeofrude

dudeofrude Member
    None

Apr 23, 2011
    I know it sounds silly but have you put the back on the phone? I had this issue as theres a small plastic bit on the back case that presses an indent in the phone to tell it the memory card is in. Its to prevent un expected removal of the sd card. Hope thats the problem :)

3. Ncaissie

Ncaissie Well-Known Member
    None

May 9, 2011
    Ottawa Canada
    You may have left it loose also. If you do not put the back on tight enough the little switch does not get pressed and you can't mount the card. Very stupid feature if you ask me. I guess they want the user to be sure they put the back on all the way.