1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support "Cannot Mount SD Card" Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by virgopunk, Jul 30, 2010.

1. virgopunk

virgopunk Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I've just a brand new Galaxy S. I put it on charge this morning after it drained and when I powered up it stated that it was unable to read either the internal SD or the external SD. I really don't want to have to send it back if I can avoid it. Does anyone know if this is a user-faxable problem? Would a factory reset solve the problem?I grately appreciate any advice.Thanks.

Advertisement

2. anfearg

anfearg Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Ireland
    You could try formatting the card in Settings > SD card and phone storage > Format

Hope this helps

3. chaseinyaface

chaseinyaface New Member

Sep 16, 2010
    ive had my galaxy s for about 3 weeks now, and yesterday it also said it could not mount my sd card. i pulled out my card plugged it into my friends blackbrry and i could veiw all my files, i then plugged their sd card into my phone and i could see their stuff. so i figured there was some sort of corrupted file between my device and the sd card i formatted the card, and it hasnt changed a thing, still wont mount. and my galaxy prefers any other sd card then mine. althought the sd card works in other phones im not really sure whats going on.. and i really dont want to buy another 16gb card..