• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot move apps to SD card... out of space?

dorlow

Android Enthusiast
Jan 2, 2014
OK, my tablet just filled up internally. I have a few sd cards. Two sd cards I was able to format them. Then I moved a few apps and then errors that I can't move more apps because it's out of space. Right now I'm trying to move netflix. It's using 92 MB. MY SD card has 28.44 GB free. What Gives? Two separate sd cards done this to me.

OK, my tablet just filled up internally. I have a few sd cards. Two sd cards I was able to format them. Then I moved a few apps and then errors that I can't move more apps because it's out of space. Right now I'm trying to move netflix. It's using 92 MB. MY SD card has 28.44 GB free. What Gives? Two separate sd cards done this to me.

Fake or duff SD cards possibly, especially given that some apps moved and now it errors. Strongly suggest you check their integrity with SD Insight. Where did you buy them?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.humanlogic.sdi
If it shows the manufacturer as "invalid" or "unknown", that's almost certainly counterfeit SDs, and they will never work properly. Fake SDs might state 32GB or something, but they're really much smaller, like 2GB, and they're programmed to deceive the OS by appearing as the larger stated capacity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The tablet shows around 30 gb free.... So it's not like it's a 2 gb card with 30 wrote on it.

With fake SDs, the doctored chips inside are basically lying to the OS about their true capacity.
What you're describing certainly sounds like all the symptoms of a fake SD, in that it can store a small amount of data, and then you get errors and things not working etc,. We've had many, many posts all describing pretty much the same thing, photos not showing, music and videos not playing, apps not working, data corruption, etc....and here's some of them.
https://androidforums.com/search/15567831/?q=sd+insight+invalid&o=date

Last edited:
Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
ok, so i downloaded sd insights. It states my card inserted is a sandisk 32 GB card (model sp32g). Just to clarify the error. I wrote the error wrong in the initial post. The error exactly is "Not enough storage space." I'm showing the card has 28.44 GB of 29.71 GB free (95.7% free.... not 95.7% full but 95.7% free.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones