1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot move apps to SD card (prevented by OS)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by MindALot, Dec 24, 2013.

1. MindALot

MindALot Lurker

Model : LG VM701 (Optimus Slider / Virgin Mobile)
    Android : 2.3.4

Things I've tried
    app2SD or some variants : This doesn't give me any more options than what the settings gives me.

I tried using adb shell pm setInstallLocation 2
    and this failed (killed)

I tried using LG's mobile support tool to attempt to see if there were any upgrades/updates I could do, but even after installing the specified USB device driver, the software failed to detect the phone (debugger mode on/off : usb mass storage off, no option to select LG/PC software)

I have not rooted the phone.
    I cannot run su from within a shell (permission denied)

I'm not sure what to try next.

It's really annoying, I have about 10 megs free on the internal memory and about 1 gig on the SD card, yet I can't seem to move anything to it (well, parts of a few things, but nothing significant).

Thanks for any thoughts!

Ricky Bobby 1234 likes this.
  2. Lpen21

Lpen21 Well-Known Member

You need to be rooted to do this. Then use link2sd. Look under all things root for the optimus v (not the slider)for a detailed guide. I did this with my wife's slider, kind of a pain but managed to free up about 85mb. Just make sure you dont link facebook, terminal emulators, or any widgets you use alot or you will invite constant force closures. I ended up installing the mobster rom with gingerkernel and works better than stock but space is always an issue with this phone.

LG Optimus Slider Forum

The LG Optimus Slider release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews