• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot play avi files on my epic 4g using stock video player...

katanaram

Sep 13, 2010
I have not been able to play avi files that I copied from my canon digital camera on my epic. Finally found a free video player called arcMedia which plays avi files, but the video quality is completely messed up. I read about Handbrake software using which we can convert avi files into mp4 files.

But I have a huge collection of avi files and d not want to be converting every single avi file so I can play it on my epic. I also tried finding Rockplayer in android marketplace, but could not find it from my epic phone.

Any advice and help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

almost all my Avi files play fine on stock epic.

what you need to do is google the pc application "mediainfo" and post the mediainfo results. That way your natural confusion about things like mkv, which is a container, not a encoding type requiring a certain codec, wont be a problem in understanding what unusual thing in your avi is causing failure to playback on the Epic.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones