• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

cannot playback bluetooth while acquiring phone data

ihot

Mar 2, 2011
Hi,

[FONT=&quot]At first I was not able to connect my Android 4.1.2 Bluetooth to my new Mazda SUV CX9. I mean, it would pair and connect. Audio would pretend to play the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out. I solved it by upgrading to Jelly Bean 4.3 version of Android. However I had to boot my phone to "SAFE MODE" to get Mazda to automatically play songs from my Note2. If I do not run in SAFE MODE, I get the message "[/FONT][FONT=&quot]cannot playback bluetooth device while acquiring phone data". My Mazda dashboard would show that it is[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] playing the songs I have on my Samsung Note 2, but no sound comes out from my Mazda stereo. My Note 2 will play music via earphone (not speakers) and there is no way to get my phone to play music via Note2 speaker again - I had to reboot my phone.

I stopped all my apps using "Advanced Task Killer". that did not work.
I found out that I had to uninstall my phone apps called Talkatone. It was trying to download data into my Mazda's contact list, which stops my car radio from playing

[/FONT] ps. When not in SAFE MODE, ie. in normal MODE, My phone on CX9 connects fine via Bluetooth to Samsung Note 2 running on 4.1.2 android and 4.3.

Anyone solved this problem?

[/FONT]

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones