1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

cannot receive calls while in 1x

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JonB, Jan 16, 2010.

1. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Noticed this the other night. Calls go strait to voicemail. As soon as it goes into evdo, calls resume as normal. If I turn off the network, I never have an issue. Any idea?

Advertisement

2. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Florida
    Are you using the Airave device?

3. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Nope. It happens everywhere i go.

4. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Computer Technician
    Take a guess
    It really sucks. With Sprint if you are on 1x and using data then calls go to voice mail (verizon has a work around for this) with the phone pulling data a lot - that means a lot of calls go straight to voice mail.

5. JonB

JonB Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Well it does it even if im not using data. Its very annoying. Is this something im going to have to live with?

6. adirdam23

adirdam23 Member

Nov 15, 2009
    I could not figure out why my phone did this. But now I know. So there is no workaround? This happens to me alot and I miss a ton of important calls because of it. Not only that but once my caller reaches me, they are beyond frustrated.

7. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Computer Technician
    Take a guess
    No, it shouldn't be happening all the time. I live in a 1x area only and receive calls - I just have to be careful on how many apps I have pulling data.

8. g2red89

g2red89 Active Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Is att the only network that allows you to access the web while talking? I could have sworn I was browsing the web while I was chatting, but I think I was on wifi, but I can't do that anymore either.

9. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Software Engineer
    Massachusetts
    I ran into this this morning, and my girlfriend called me last night and the phone went to a message saying the number was invalid. At home, I have the airrave, so what effects does the airrave have? At work there is a sprint repeater but its a bit flacky and the phone sometimes goes to roaming. Thoughts?

Tags: