1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Cannot reduce volume on a phone call

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AlfoLamGa, Feb 16, 2011.

1. AlfoLamGa

AlfoLamGa Lurker
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    Hi there,
    The volume buttons are ok in mi HTC, I can reduce volume for ringer, music, etc. But (from 3 weeks ago) I can not reduce the volume during a phone call. I can see the bar of volume reducing or growing but the sound in the speaker remains too LOUD!! I have to keep the phone away from my ear and I can not keep a private conversation...
    I read some forums from people with the same problem but nobody posted a solution.
    Since I have this problem I can see an Icon I didnt see before the problem started but there is nothing in the manuals about that icon. It looks like an ear and a speaker. I think I have activated some "extra loud" for deaf people but I dont know how I did it.
    Please help from anyone.
    Regards
    Alfonso

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

It's probably a long shot but you could try doing a factory data reset on the phone to see if it corrects your phone volume issue. If you choose to do this, however, be sure to backup everything of value on your phone as a factory reset will wipe the phone of all data/apps.

Beyond this you might need to contact your carriers tech support department for further assistance...