1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot reinstall Skype after uninstalling on Android 5.0.1

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by jack63ss, Sep 1, 2016.

1. jack63ss

jack63ss Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2016
    I have Lenovo Tab2 with Android 5.0.1. I was having a problem making Skype work so I uninstalled the pre-installed version that came on the tablet and tried to install the latest version from GooglePlay. But when I tried to reinstall it it said it was still Installed. I uninstalled it from Settings as well, but it still shows as Installed. Does anyone have an idea what is going on ?
    Thanks
    Jack

Advertisement

2. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Usually pre-installed apps cannot be uninstalled (you don't have write access to the partition they live in). You can uninstall updates to them because they live in the same space your own apps live in, but not the original. I don't know precisely what you did but my guess is that you've only uninstalled updates - at most you may have temporarily messed the app up, but a reboot should fix that. If I'm right my guess is that after the reboot you'll be able to update the app from the Play Store if you want to (which should give the same effect as installing a new copy if you have deleted the app's data).

jack63ss likes this.
  3. jack63ss

jack63ss Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2016
    Tried that, still says it is Installed. I am now not sure if it is actually uninstalled or not. If not maybe all I need to do is recover the icon. Just need to find a post on how to do that and see if it works. ;)

4. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    If it's installed the icon should be in the app drawer.