1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot rename system files after root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dawids9, Feb 1, 2020.

1. dawids9

dawids9 Lurker

Hi, I rooted my phone in order to change the shutdown.qmg and bootsamsung.qmg to an end with .bak or .old so to delete the logo from my carrier when starting up/restarting.
    Yet, any app would not let me rename the files after a root. With this I mean root browser and other. The phone was set to factory settings before rooting. Thank you in advance!

Advertisement

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Root would only give you the authority to change the r/w permissions on a file. I think you still need to change those file attributes in order to rename it. I think any root explorer would enable this.

ocnbrze, svim, dawids9 and 1 other person like this.
  3. dawids9

dawids9 Lurker

Hi, thanks a lot. It worked and now when turning off it shows the original samsung logo :) Only thing which I can't figure out now is why the screen is just black (where the carrier's logo now disappeared) when turning on the device. Might you know a solution to this?

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I'm sorry, you'll have to hope one of the more technical folks here knows. I get the basics and the concepts mostly.

dawids9 likes this.
  5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

dawids9, Unforgiven and ocnbrze like this.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews