• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot restore backup apps after Root!!!

islandmixed

Nov 18, 2009
hey i last nite rooted my phone & installed vallian 5.3. took me awhile to get it right but its working fine. however i installed my back to back up all my apps/data but iam having trouble restoring it back into my phone.

I install my back up & when i hit restore, it says cannot get back up info etc...really weird as ive placed all the files back onto my sd card & i see them.

this is annoying cause i even backed up export2contacts to restore my phone numbers but i need my apps restored for anything to work. really dont wanna download all of them again. grrr

cheers

my backup was just not restoring anything..weird app.

however i had the files still zipped so i unzipped lol...then i downloaded another app and it worked fine. didnt manage to to restore my contact settings so iam going to have to redo that manually.

iam having a issue thoe, setting custom wallpaper, i used to use lovely bob marley one i used app wallpaper set & save and it would set it perfectly, now its setting all the wallpapers huge & horrible. is this a feature that comes with vallian 5.3? is it different to my original htc rom. cause its madness. live wallpapers will not work at all!!!!

cheers

Upvote 0
okay iam going to have to try and find out where this live paper thing is to flash as the nexus one looks quite nice. just dont seem to work at all

in the meantime thoe, i cant understand why i just cant set this photo of my own to wallpaper. the program wallpaper set & save would do it auto, but its just setting it as the phone would. big & ugli lol.

i will have to play around with this cause it should be simple. b4 i rooted it worked fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones