1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot roam with data

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JAJameson2010, Dec 29, 2012.

1. JAJameson2010

JAJameson2010 Android Enthusiast

I have roaming turned on and the guard turned off. Before this phone I would roam on the Verizon network on the 1x (super slow data thing) that doesn't seem to happen with this phone. Is it missing that antenna?

If so how am I supposed to ever roam? I though Verizon only allowed sprint to roam with the 1x data connection?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. JAJameson2010

*bump* anyone ... I can't be the only one who had noticed this. LOL I'm the un observant one

3. MaxBuck

MaxBuck Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but I personally have no idea what you're talking about. Very obscure fact set, from my perspective. Maybe you could be a little clearer on exactly what problem you are encountering.

4. JAJameson2010

Well I thought I was being clear :p

Basically I am unable to roam with data on the Sprint Note 2. On my Epic 4G Touch I would roam in the 1X connection onto Verizon's network. Now with the Note 2, I just have zero data connection. I can only get 3G around here and it doesn't default to Verizon's 1X connection.

Does that make more sense? Or am I still speaking gibberish? Sprint service sucks all over, but at least I had the security of being able to roam slowly...

Maybe I should call Sprint to ask, but they were the ones that told me the 4G Wimax was compatible with this phone so I don't have much hope of an intelligent answer there... :(

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews