• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Cannot Root the Aria

VoidedSaint

Resident Ninja
Feb 10, 2010
Virginia
My friend has an HTC Aria we are trying to root with the unrevoked method, followed all steps, even with the video unrevoked3 still does not boot the phone into hboot, so there for we cannot establish root, i have followed all the proper steps, is there a step i am missing?

uninstall HTC Sync (wasnt installed)
boot into hboot which it boots and we plug in the usb cable it says hboot usb plug
install the proper drivers and subfolders
remove battery when done
boot enable usb debugging
open reflash and nothing, doesnt boot the phone into hboot which is what the video says it does

any advice on what im doing wrong????

My friend has an HTC Aria we are trying to root with the unrevoked method, followed all steps, even with the video unrevoked3 still does not boot the phone into hboot, so there for we cannot establish root, i have followed all the proper steps, is there a step i am missing?

uninstall HTC Sync (wasnt installed)
boot into hboot which it boots and we plug in the usb cable it says hboot usb plug
install the proper drivers and subfolders
remove battery when done
boot enable usb debugging
open reflash and nothing, doesnt boot the phone into hboot which is what the video says it does

any advice on what im doing wrong????

You have to install HTC Sync and then uninstall it. It places some drivers on the phone that are needed for Unrevoked.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones