1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Cannot Search Specific Contacts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by verizonandroid, Apr 22, 2010.

1. verizonandroid

Hey guys, whenever I want to send a text message to my friend Bob, i'll type "bob" in the recipients name and no phone number will come up even though he is stored in my contacts. However, whenever i want to send a text to Jill, I simply type "Jill" in the recipients box in the SMS and her phone number pops up. In order to send a text message to Bob, i have to go into Contacts-->Search-->Send text.

It's more of a nusiance than anything else and was wondering if there was a remedy for it. I have tried re-programming the contacts information into the phone but the problem still exists.

Any solutions?

Advertisement

2. kennyidaho

kennyidaho Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Computer Technician
    Take a guess
    Are you sure Bob's number is listed as a mobile phone?

3. (G)

(G) Well-Known Member

Couldn't you first go into contacts, select the right Bob, then press the "text message" icon?

4. verizonandroid

Yes I can whenever I want to send 1 text message to 1 person. But when I want to send 1 text to multiple recipients, it becomes a hassle..

5. verizonandroid

AHHHH this solved the problem. I did not know it had to be listed as a mobile number. It was under "work". thank you!

6. tnstra

tnstra Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Material Relocation Engineer (Truck Driver)
    Upstate New York

Jeez I think you need Dialer One from the market.

It will bring up Bob by anything that is a consecutive part of his name number city state ie "ob" "bo"
    or if his number is xxx-yyy-zzzz u can put in any part of that like yyy ... ofcousre it will bring up all the yyy's but he will be in the liust