1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot send e-mail if not connected to WiFi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hudsondoglets, Feb 9, 2011.

1. hudsondoglets

hudsondoglets Lurker

Aagghh I can't believe it. My new HTC Desire HD tells me that it cannot send/receive e-mail if not connected to WiFi? Is this really the case, if so then it's useless to me as I can't pick up and reply to e-mail when I'm on the move. :mad:

It does say that it can't send unless connected to WiFi or Mobile Network. Well I am connected to my mobile network so that surely should allow me to deal with e-mails when out and about.

Can anyone please help me. :thinking:

Thank you very much
    Nancy

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. hudsondoglets

hudsondoglets Lurker

Oh well, no responses but I have resolved this myself. Thought I'd post on here in case anyone else has this problem.

1. Check if your mobile network is up and running, i.e. no issues with provider
    2. Make sure you have an up to date SIM card, not like the old one I was using which didn't support mobile networks.
    3. Make sure you have the correct settings on your mobile. In my case I had bought an unlocked handset and therefore my providers settings weren't automatically loaded in the handset. Had to do this manually.

Now everything is fine!

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews