• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cannot send mms picture to iphone 4g

I've tried sending pics via handcent and via stock messaging app, all friends w iPhone 4gs don't get em. I can receive from them however. Says on my screen, status rejected, on pics I send. Frustrating.

there are a couple other threads about this, actually. if you use the htc messaging app, they should go through. for whatever reason (perhaps something to do with sizing), handcent and chomp don't seem to want to send mms to iphones. try the native app and let me know if you are successful.

Upvote 0
how are you trying to send your photos? i was having trouble sending photos that i took directly from the camera app. but if i opened them in gallery from my sd card (i have my photos save to sd card), i was able to send them and have them received. maybe try that?

i was also having problems sending a large text file that went mms from an app when using handcent and chomp, but it goes through via the native app. that seems neither here nor there, though, since you are talking photos.

there was another person in the other thread that had this same problem, and using the native app did not help, either. but others do not report the same issue. i have no idea why it would be so hit or miss. but try what i mentioned above and report back.

Upvote 0
I know i'm late but wasn't sure u if u resolved the issue...If not, here goes..

For some reason, the iphone reads and looks for picture messages differently. So what u have to do it, once u have the pic set-up, click on "edit" and add a caption to the pic. Then press "done" and then send the message. This will work, ALL OF THE TIME...The fix is adding a caption to the picture.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones