1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot Send or Receive Calls in LTE Only Mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by edembert, Nov 12, 2014.

1. edembert

edembert Newbie

I've had my m8 for about 8 months now and I just started having this issue today. When my phone is in "LTE only mode", I cannot send or receive calls. As soon as I dial them, it says call dropped. Any calls to me ring a few times then go to voicemail without my phone getting any notification. If I change the network settings to CDMA mode, the phone part works fine. For what it's worth I'm on Verizon and have Android 4.4.4.

Any ideas on what to do? I've tried turning the phone on and off and flipping airplane mode on and off.

Thanks in advance!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mruno

mruno Android Expert

The sim card could be failing. Is Verizon your carrier?

3. edembert

edembert Newbie

Yeah I have Verizon

4. mruno

mruno Android Expert

Backup all your data with HTC Sync and take it to a Verizon store. They may have you factory reset it before giving you a new phone or sim.

edembert likes this.
  5. edembert

edembert Newbie

Took it over to Verizon today. Had to do a factory reset on it but it's working fine now. Oh well at least it's working again.

6. Me_Droid_Freak

Me_Droid_Freak Daryl Bowman

I had the same problem on AT&T. I'm rooted running CM11, so I did a factory reset and mine worked for a while too. It started happening again a little while ago, but I recently updated CM11 and it hasn't failed yet since...

7. MotoTurbo

MotoTurbo Well-Known Member

Not to resurrect this thread but the lte only mode for Verizon is for their voice over lte feature. Our m8 doesn't have this yet so it doesn't work, you gotta set it to global.

HTC One M8 Forum

The HTC One M8 release date was March 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 4MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2600mAh battery.

March 2014
Release Date
Reviews