1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot send texts to a specific contact

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by inelegantmusings, Jan 9, 2016.

1. inelegantmusings

Hi all,

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime on TMobile. Here's the issue: for only one of my contacts, I can't compose text messages because the place to "enter message" has disappeared completely. This only applies to the one of my contacts.

I've tried using another texting app (mysms). The same problem occurs with this app as well. Also, when I go to contacts and select the texting icon, I'm allowed to write a message through mysms, but attempting to send gives the error "your message does not contain a recipient," even though the phone number I'm trying to send to is clearly at the top of the screen.

Anyone have potential solutions? Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

Go back and edit his phone number and Name..... erase the full name, and replace it.

Change the name a bit, make darn sure there are NO hidden characters in the 1st character....
    although, I use the underscore for a brief few folks like this: _JackinBox ( puts that number at the top of Contacts List)

Now, go down and make SURE it is listed as a Mobile Number....

if it is Landline/Home it will not give you a SMS text box.

3. inelegantmusings

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work :[ I still don't have the text box for him. Also, as a test, I tried switching another contact's number to "Landline" instead of "Mobile" and it still lets me text that person.