• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot set up any POP3 email accounts!

I have the Android set up great with my Telus email...only now my Outlook Express 6 will not receive on my PC...all I get is a Login window requiring my password, but this never leaves the screen. Error message says locked by another session & password rejected 0x800ccc90 - 0x800ccc92. I am using pop3, Imap will not accept on my android. Very frustrated with my servers lack of tech support. Only on very rare occasions will Outlook mysteriuosly bring it in. I have tried powering off the Android & re-booting Outlook..but still dead in the water...Help !

Upvote 0
I was able to set-up a Hotmail.co.uk push e-mail account on my Vodaphone HTC Desire no problem. With the same settings however I couldn't get started with a Hotmail.com account. I couldn't get past the first screen with the system unable to verify my username and password.

I shortened the Hotmail.com account password to 9 characters, and it worked fine.

Previously the password had been 17 characters long which worked fine logging on via the PC/Explorer, but was too long for mobile access.

Upvote 0
Verified for Hotmail and i have already setup my account thru the stock GS2 email client easily. I suggest those having trouble with setting up their email accounts in their phones check and verify that the incoming and outgoing servers for (Yahoo or Hotmail) be current and it is easily setup. The default values included in the phones are wrong so one needs to do it manually.

Upvote 0
New here and confused.

I set up my gmail account in Gmail app on my Samsung Tab 2 without any problem.

I then downloaded K9 Mail (as recommended by my brother) and it says I entered the wrong gmail username or password every time I try to begin the process. (I tried a different email account and it worked fine!!??)

I also downloaded the Dolphin browser and it also told me that I had entered the wrong username or password.

I'm quite sure I've spelled both correctly.

Any suggestions?

thnx

Upvote 0
It appears that the only account that will work other than Gmail is Yahoo.CA (don't try Yahoo.com, it doesn't work). I finally was able to set up Sympatico (even though they use the hotmail servers), but still cannot set up to sync with any hotmail or live.com accounts. Per Rogers tech support, the hotmail/live.com sync will not work. I find this ludicrous and totally unbelievable, they're among the most popular web hosts.

So the workaround is to have any hotmail/live.com/other POP3 accounts forwarded to either the Yahoo.ca or Gmail account and then sync with that account.

Funny enough, the email setup screen on the phone says you can set up ANY POP3 email account.

I mentioned to Rogers tech about the O/S already being at 2.0 and the Eve only on 1.5, and asked if they will be offering OS upgrades. He says yes but I don't think he really knows.

Also I asked him to escalate to 2nd level support.

I think it's a problem on the Rogers side.

I have a google nexus tablet.... and a sympatico email address and I cannot get the address to configure. Please help. For the server I have tried pop3.sympatico.ca (incoming) username and password are correct as well. Is there something else I should be doing?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones