• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cannot shutoff wifi notifications

Outspiral

Lurker
Sep 25, 2017
Despite having WiFi notifications and hotspot 2.0 turned off completely under Advanced wifi settings, I continually still get pop-ups when Network is in range. I not only get the pop-up telling me there's a network in the area but after I dismiss, it usually then attempts to open a full-screen and connect. I've searched around and cannot find an answer as to why I still get the popups despite having this turned off.

Reactions: nurersafabd
Despite having WiFi notifications and hotspot 2.0 turned off completely under Advanced wifi settings, I continually still get pop-ups when Network is in range.

Do you not have an option that says "Show Wi-Fi pop-up"? I have a Note 8 and that's the first thing on the list under WiFi advanced settings. That's what does the trick for me.

Upvote 0
What Android version are you using? On my LGV20 using Android 7, when I have a notification, I can swap the notification partially to the left and I get a settings option. If I click on the settings button I get the following options:
1. Show notifications silently
2. Block all notifications
3. Don't silence or block

I'm running Android 7 and if i click and hold any notifications it allows me to turn off. With these notifications it's already turned off

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones