1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot stop email from syncing on LG G8 ThinQ

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jkgraves, Dec 10, 2019.

1. jkgraves

jkgraves Newbie

I have had my LG G8 ThinQ for a week. I have tried everything to stop email from syncing to the phone. I like to be able to check email when away from home, but never use the phone as a substitute for my computer. I only want it to sync when I tell it to. Constantly syncing is a waste of battery power. My G3 was easy to set up that way. I simply turned auto sync off.

I have tried several email apps. No matter what the email syncs. Does anyone know how I can stop it?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Boy did that setting move... :eek:

OK, it used to be under accounts & sync in settings. I couldn't find it anywhere in settings (Pixel 3a | Android 10). I did finally find it by going into the gmail app, tapping the three dots to the right of "General Settings" and choosing account settings. In there you can turn off "Automatically sync data."

Dannydet and jpm136 like this.
  3. jkgraves

jkgraves Newbie

Thanks. I had found that and have sync turned off. Still syncing :(

4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

:(
    You are talking about a gmail account, right? I've only done gmail on my phones, so I'm probably useless for other email providers, and I don't want to shoot in the dark and lead you on wild goose chases.

5. jkgraves

jkgraves Newbie

It was GMail and also my mail from another provider. Both syncing with sync shut off everywhere I found a place to shut it off. I have tried multiple email apps. I think I just found one that will work for me. I installed Blue Mail and it has the option to download messages on demand - as opposed to constantly checking for them. And it has an option to "Never delete mail from the server". So if I delete a message from my phone it will still show up on my computer. I think this one will work for me.

Thanks for trying to help!

LG G8 ThinQ Forum

The LG G8 ThinQ release date was November 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 13MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 855 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

November 2019
Release Date
Reviews