1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot sync calendar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lordofthemoon, Jun 15, 2011.

1. lordofthemoon

lordofthemoon Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    Software developer
    Glasgow, UK
    Hi,
    I just got my new Samsung Galaxy SII (running Android 2.3.3) yesterday and I've been playing with it and setting it up. I have configured it with my Google account (it's an @googlemail.com one if that makes a difference) but I don't seem to be able to sync my Google Calendar with the calendar app on the phone.

When I go into the Calendar app settings -> Calendars, I don't actually see my GCal calendar there, just the default "My calendar". When I had first set up the account, I had seen my calendar there, but it vanished in a few seconds and I've never figured out how to get it back since.

I've googled the question and have tried clearing the data for the calendar and even restored it to factory settings, but the same thing happened - it appeared in the calendars list for a few seconds as it was trying to sync and then vanished. Any ideas?

TIA,
    Raj.

Advertisement

2. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

im not sure if this could be the problem, but when u go to Accounts & Sync, and open ur google account, is ur Calendar set to sync? maybe this could be the problem, thats all i can think of. my google calendar shows as an option inside the calendar app like it should

3. lordofthemoon

lordofthemoon Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    Software developer
    Glasgow, UK
    Yes, I've checked and the Calendar option in that menu is ticked. Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. lordofthemoon

lordofthemoon Newbie
    None

Jun 15, 2011
    Software developer
    Glasgow, UK
    Ah, I'm not sure what's happened, but it's working now. I deleted the calendar data again in "Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Hit the Menu Button > Filter > All > Calendar Storage > Clear data" (despite having tried this before and it not working). Perhaps the difference was that I rebooted the phone after clearing the data this time.

Thanks for all your help.

Raj.

Randy and Allee like this.
  5. ajh94

ajh94 Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    Orange Telecomunications, Product marketing!
    Essex, UK
    Glad u got it sorted :)

6. colirv

colirv Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    Raj - I've just started a new thread called "Calendar reminders". I'd be grateful for your input.

7. Allee

Allee Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2011
    Thanks so much for this - Orange sent us a new phone because we couldn't get the calendar to work and after going through all the levels of their technical support they suggested we look at these forums! Your method has worked, now I just have to figure out how to get picture messaging to work.....

8. GeneralSunTzu

GeneralSunTzu Lurker
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Having the same problem, I tried the same solution, but my menu, in the same position does not display calendar storage>Clear Data.
    Please state your build number (under "About phone"). Mine is GINGERBREAD.XWKE7.

Thank you.

9. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2010
    Hey, that worked for me.. great, Thanks :)