1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot sync Contacts from Outlook to Galaxy S4

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by skypilotpete, Sep 13, 2016.

1. skypilotpete

skypilotpete Lurker
    None

May 3, 2012
    I have recently started using a smartphone for the first time, and I am making a lot of mistakes. When I first synced my phone with MS Outlook on my computer (using Smart Switch), I did not realise that there was a folder in Outlook called "Suggested Contacts", which Outlook creates without asking, and it included nearly 2000 suggested contacts, which were added to my phone. After looking into this, I worked out that I could specify which contact folders to add to the phone. So I did a fresh sync, this time deselecting the folders I didn't want, and synced again. It did not delete the unwanted contacts. So I went into the Application Mangager on the phone and deleted all my contacts. Then I ran Smart Switch again, and tried to sync my contacts, with only the desired folder selected. Smart Switch told me that the sync was successful, but it did not add any contacts to the phone. Now I have no contacts at all on my phone. I have closed down my phone and restarted it, and closed down Outlook and restarted it. Nothing makes any difference. Any suggestions?

Galaxy S4, GT-I9505
    Android Version 5.0.1
    The phone is not rooted
    Samsung Smart Switch Version 4.1.16084_4
    (I tried using Kies, but got a message that Kies is incompatible with my phone and was instructed to use Smart Switch)
    Microsoft Office Professional 2010
    Microsoft Outlook Version 14.0.7166.5000 (32-bit)
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1

Advertisement

2. Bg260

Bg260  
    VIP Member

Apr 30, 2016
    Male
    Freelance Entrepreneur
    Lincoln