1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Cannot sync with Google calendar??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jarnold, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jarnold

jarnold Member

Dec 14, 2009
    This is weird and I am starting to lose love for Android and my Hero... with Android 2.1 you can now have more than 1 Google account on your phone. I have two gmail accounts there under the phone's gmail app. (Both only update once per blue moon but that is an entirely separate issue ... I think).

I want to be able to sync my Google calendar with the phone's calendar, as I used to be able to do do quite nicely and easily on my crackberry, shouldn't be rocket science. So with the two gmail accounts on my phone, account #1 is one where I do NOT want to sync, either contacts or calendar, ever. Account #2 is the one where I *DO* want to sync contacts, email and calendar.

So I bring up the Gmail app on the phone, hit menu, hit accounts, hit menu again, then hit settings. Both accounts are showing up there. Going to account #2 (the one I *DO* want to sync with everything), the sync button is checked but there is *NO* calendar button to indicate it should also sync with calendar?? But doing the same thing with account #1 (the one I NEVER want to use to sync contacts or calendar), the calendar sync button *IS* there. WTH?

I thought maybe because the account I never want to sync with was added first, so I thought I would DELETE that one, get the calendar sync setup, then re-add that account. Nope - the phone says that if I do that, I will have to reset the phone back to factory settings and lose all personal data. WTF - was this phone and operating system made by Fred Flintstone??

Anybody have ideas on this?

Advertisement

2. gbizit

gbizit New Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I had this same issue on 2 heros earlier today. The only way round it is to do a factory reset. The only thing I lost was the texts. The emails, calendar and contacts resynced from Google, and although I lost all the apps, I went to the marked and selected downloads and lo and behold, there was a full list of all the apps I had, ready to install again.

Less than half an hour and I was back up and running again with just the home screens to customise.

Tags: