1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root cannot unroot/cannot update to 2.3.340 (droid x)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asimons07, Dec 18, 2010.

1. asimons07

asimons07 Newbie
    None

Dec 25, 2009
    hello everyone. i have a problem with my droid x. before i knew deleting bloatware would cause a problem, i deleted about 6 apps. now i can no longer update to firmware 2.3.340. ive tried reinstalling them using apk's and root manager. for some reason root manager will not get permission. ive noticed that a few other apps are not getting permission either. i still have superuser permissions installed so im assuming im still rooted. ive tried unrooting then rooting again, doesnt seem to make a difference. superuser permission is always there, regardless if it says unroot complete. since i cant get the apk aps to install, i tried using rsd lite and restoring with a sbf file. when i click start in rsd lite, the operation immediately fails. i just want to restore my phone to factory. i dont care about having root at the moment. i just wanna be able to get OTA update as gingerbread will be coming out. it seems as though everthing i have tried hasnt worked. any suggestions? Thanks, Adam

Im kinda new at this, but i have installed custom roms and such before. video tutorials are always appreciated. thanks again, Adam

Advertisement

2. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Charlotte
    Are you using RSDlite 4.8 and the SBF 2.2?

If you think unrooting will help you might try Z4root. It's not in the market. Go here an download. May need to try it several times.

[APP] z4root - xda-developers

3. asimons07

asimons07 Newbie
    None

Dec 25, 2009
    i did try RSDlite 4.8 but i think i had a 2.1 SBF. do you by any chance know where i can find SBF 2.2? does Z4root also have an unroot option?

my problem with RSDlite is that i couldnt get the start button to ungray itself. i ended up renaming the SBF file to dx.sbf and then i could hit start. it would instantly fail though. using windows 7, i saw that people were having problems using RSDlite with windows 7.

4. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert
    None

Aug 23, 2010
    Charlotte
  5. asimons07

asimons07 Newbie
    None

Dec 25, 2009
    see thats the weird part, the Z4root that i have downloaded doesnt have an unroot button. i could have sworn that it did. thanks for the link.

6. asimons07

asimons07 Newbie
    None

Dec 25, 2009
    finally! after a lot of help from everyone on android forums, i finally got RSDlite to work and have successfully installed SBF 2.2. all my problems are fixed and i I can now install the OTA update. thanks for all the help.