1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot update android market!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NYvalleygirl, Aug 7, 2011.

1. NYvalleygirl

NYvalleygirl Newbie
    None

Mar 25, 2011
    First off, let me say that I am very close to throwing this phone into the lake and getting a new one.

My husband has the EXACT same phone as I do, an Inspire 4G. His Android Market updated and mine did not. I have tried downloading the .apk but could not because I have AT&T and cannot easily adjust my settings to accept 3rd-party apps.

I downloaded an SDK and ADV, Droid Explorer and STILL cannot get it to install. I got as far as typing in the adb commands, but could not get that to work. I am at a point where I am wondering WHY I even have to do all of this when it should have automatically updated.

I have Force Closed, Cleared Cache, Uninstalled Updates, restarted my phone, and NOTHING.

Can someone please, for the love of GOD help me??! It is driving me crazy, and I want the new Market. I don't need to download any other .apk files, I just want the new Market.

Advertisement

2. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    The market on my phone updated by itself.

You never got the unknown sources update? This allows you the install apps (apk files) from sources other than the marketplace.

If you haven't gotten that update and don't want to deal with att to get it then you could try this http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-inspire-4g/107462-i-have-capability-add-uknown-sources-your-phone.html

Once you have the unknown sources option enabled (menu-settings-applications-check unknown sources) you can install the market apk you downloaded right from the phone. You can use astro file manager go to the download folder find the apk you downloaded tap it choose open then in the upper left there should be an install button

3. NYvalleygirl

NYvalleygirl Newbie
    None

Mar 25, 2011
    No, apparently, my phone does not like to update ANYTHING! :mad: I clicked on the link you posted and it is a person who says they will update my phone for me?? I texted them as they requested, but it seems weird to do it like that.

But anyway, thanks. I hope it works!

4. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Android Expert
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    NY & TX
    Yeah it is a little weird but i know a couple of people who have done it and got the update. So I guess it does work. My friends tried to get the update from att unsuccessfully and finally gave up trying through them so this guy thru that link did the trick for them. So hopefully it works for you.

5. Kel_McG03

Kel_McG03 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    Missouri
    Both my husband and I have the HTC Inspire and neither of us have recieved the market update... I don't feel comfortable txting someone to get the update. Is there any credible links to get the update? (maybe by c-net, Google, or android)

6. jeremy1701

jeremy1701 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Kenosha, WI