• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot update apps

rytheguy

Lurker
Nov 16, 2010
I recently upgraded to a 16G SD card in my N1. I backed up the entire contents of my old 4g card and put them on the new card. Ever since, I have not been able to update any apps that have ever resided on my SD card, even if they are now located on the phone. In an effort to resolve this, I uninstalled the afflicted apps, and now I cannot even download them again! I simply get "installation unsuccessful." Anyone have a fix for this? Got a long road trip coming up and I'd really like the use of some of these apps!

Move all apps you have from the SD card to internal and uninstall (back them up first to be safe). And then delete the contents of the folder .android_secure on your SD card. Afaik, that's where the data of your apps is stored on SD and it sounds like something went wrong in transferring it to a different card.
I'm not even sure if apps can just be copy pasted that way, never tried.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones