1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Cannot update Evo (revised)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickman101, Jul 9, 2011.

1. nickman101

nickman101 Newbie
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    I am posting about the same thing again because I probably didn't include enough info the last time I posted. I have a rooted HTC Evo that will not update. Every time I try to update it works initially, then the android with the box open screen turns into an android with an exclamation point screen (exclamation point is inside of a yellow triangle). I am also wondering if I should update at all because the guy that flashed the phone for me told me that I shouldn't update (it is flashed from Sprint to Boost Mobile) because it will only undo my root and only "lock me in" from there", whatever that meant. Also, I found a video on youtube on how to update if this happens but I think the guy who made the video is flashing a custom rom and I don't know if it is the most up to date version of it. All I want to do is be able to update because the Qik app doesn't work and I read somewhere that I must update to get it to work correctly. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    please do not try and install the update. the update probably will not work because you have a custom recovery and it needs a stock recovery for it to work. we have rooted but stock gingerbread 2.3.3 roms. it can be found in the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/284413-roms-kernels-download-page.html sticky. also i would recommmend that you read the http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/194918-rooting-dummies.html guide. it has plenty of info that you should know. if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

nickman101 likes this.
  3. nickman101

nickman101 Newbie
    None

Jun 27, 2011
    thank you. I will not update then. :)

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    well you can update your rom by flashing an ota rooted stock rom. just read the dummies guide. also if you need help updating by flashing the ota rom, please feel free to ask.

Tags: