1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cannot update/install apps

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jlae, Aug 23, 2012.

1. jlae

jlae Lurker

Hi,
    Just got a Samsung Galaxy S3. Great phone. Worked perfectly for about six weeks then Google play store died on me. I can't update apps. I can't install apps. After clicking the "Install" button, it shows the downloading bar with no percent complete or anything. It just sits there for about 5 minutes trying to download. Eventually it gives up and comes up with either error 403, 425 or 927. I've contacted Google help center and went through all their recommendations (including a factory reset) all to no avail. No I have a phone with no apps. I still have internet connection, email and everything else. I've installed Google play store from an .apk and still nothing. I managed to get one app while using wife from a friends hotspot but nothing since.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem, has suggestions or knows a decent fix I'm all ears. This is really getting to me.

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. myshkin

myshkin Android Enthusiast

Did you check to make sure your account is still synced? Your google account? Just to settings and account and sync and make sure that you are still synced.

anna

3. jlae

jlae Lurker

Yeah. That was one of the first things on the Google play store troubleshooting guide.