1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

cannot update my s4 or connect to kies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by prezaeis, Jul 10, 2013.

1. prezaeis

prezaeis Lurker

Hi all, im new here.

I purchased an Unlocked S4 from the United Kingdom, i then travelled with my phone to Iran. Now everything is fine, however when i try to update the phone to get the latest update i cannot do it.

When i do an OTA it tells me that the latest update is already installed.

I also have a MAC, so when connecting the phone to Kies on my Mac, sometimes i have to pull the cable out and put it back in 20 times before Kies recognises the phone, and when it does recognise it i click the firmware update but the program just freezes and nothing happens. I have updated Kies to the latest version and also installed the driver, still the same problem.

One thing to note is that i cannot login to Samsung App store from Iran as it tells me i cannot access the app store from the country im in, i use a VPN to access Google Store as that is also blocked here in Iran, however even with a VPN i cannot access the Samsung Store as it somehow still recognises im in Iran, im thinking maybe this is why i cant do an OTA update?

Anyway, what can i do to get the latest update? As i really want to move my apps to the SD card, my memory is almost full and the phone is starting to lag due to lack of memory. Any help would be appreciated, i also wouldn't mind doing the update manually but im scared i might brick the phone, unless someone could point me to the correct files i need?

Thank you so much

My phone and kies specs as well as my laptop specs are:

Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    GT-I9505
    UNLOCKED TO ALL NETWORKS
    Android V 4.2.2
    Baseband Version I9505XXUAMDM
    Kernel Version: 3.4.0-526204

Kies:
    2.1.0.13071_1

Mac:
    OSX 10.6.8

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Tomo1971

Tomo1971 Well-Known Member

The update for uk unbranded hasn't been released yet, hence why you can't update ota.

3. prezaeis

prezaeis Lurker

Really? i thought it was already released?!?!
    Any idea of the date its meant to roll out? Because from the articles i read online i was under the impression that its already rolled out

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews