1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support cannot update to 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RevLoki, May 15, 2010.

1. RevLoki

RevLoki New Member

May 15, 2010
    every time i try to update i get USB device not recognised i have tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling over and over and i still get the same

xp media center edition sp2

Advertisement

2. kjoneslol

kjoneslol New Member

May 15, 2010
    I had this same problem too. I'm on XP pro sp 3.

Anyway, when I plugged it in it would recognize a few of the devices but then the icon would stay there and not recognize anymore, no more messages at all. I would try connecting to com1 with the updater and it would fail so eventually I would get frustrated and unplug it and then it would tell me that the devices failed to install properly and may not function, etc.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers a few times until I got tired of it. I went through the entire updater until the part when you are supposed to plug it into the USB (the driver error part) and I left it plugged in overnight.

When I woke up this morning that apparently worked because the drivers were now recognized and functioning. I guess it just took a really long time to install the drivers. Of course, now the download is stuck at 0% but hey, one problem solved a day isn't so bad.

EDIT: I finally got the download to work and I am now updated to 2.1. The problem for me was once I got to the download screen my screen on my phone would flash on and off. I had my sound off so I didn't hear the device sounds telling me I lost the device. I just had to unplug and plug back in the device at the download screen and the download started and went smoothly. All in all I had the thing updated in about 5 minutes after I figured out all the problems :)

3. catpowrd

catpowrd Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    I had the same problem using a six year old Dell atitude with a fresh clean install of XP pro sp3 and no other programs on the laptop. USB would connect with phone in normal mode but not in download mode. So I tried my desktop also running XP pro sp3 which is loaded down with old crap and it worked fine, loaded just perfect. I think my old Dell C840 has slower USB ports and I know my desktop has the faster USB2 ports, could that be the difference?
    So far I see many improvements with 2.1 and no problems yet.