1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot Update to JB

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by OSHWANZ, Jan 13, 2013.

1. OSHWANZ

OSHWANZ Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2013
    I broke my phone and got a replacement handset sent under Orange Care, The phone has absolutely no bloatware but it's still locked to orange, Another thing my phone has is the option for OTA updates, whereas most orange phones have had that removed from their options. When i click it it instantly comes up with "No Update available", The ridiculously annoy part is when I plug my S3 into Kies, when it doesn't come up with the furiously irritating "HardwareID Missing", It comes up with "This device is not compatible with updating via kies! :mad:

Model Number GT-I9300
    Baseband Version I9300XXLH1
    AP I9300XXBLG8
    CP I9300XXLH1
    CSC I9300OXABLG8

Anyone able to help?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. OSHWANZ

OSHWANZ Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2013
    Oops! Just noticed I put this in the wrong section of the forum (My phone's not rooted, Sorry!) Could a mod put it in the right section?

3. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
  4. OSHWANZ

OSHWANZ Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2013
    Hi Shotgun, Thank you for your reply, Out of curiosity is this website specifically for flashed/rooted Devices? I'm not really interested in tampering with my phone's insides (if you hadn't already guessed I'm pretty hopeless with phones and don't want to risk voiding my warranty)

5. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Android Expert

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    All the firmware on that site are official Samsung stock firmware so there is no rooting required. So if you choose the stock orange firmware your phone will be identical to if you upgraded with kies so you will still have your warranty.
    A lot of replacement phones are refurbished so I have a feeling that your handset may have been flashed with some mismatching firmware by Orange which is why kies won't work. If you manually flash the stock orange firmware with any luck it will also fix the problem of kies not recognising it

6. OSHWANZ

OSHWANZ Lurker
    None

Jan 13, 2013
    Managed to fix the issue this morning by changing the CSC of my phone from Korean to the BUT CSC code, now I can't connect to wifi at all, anywhere!! any ideas? :'(