• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot update...

markmclark

Mar 2, 2013
Hello!

I've been having some issues with my phone. After rooting, I think I deleted some things that I shouldn't have...

First, I cannot use the "Messages" app...

I've downloaded close to 20 update.zip files online for 2.2 and cannot seem to update via Bootloader!

I get an error:

Installing update...
assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop"
, "ro.build.fingerprint") == "version/voles/shol
es/sholes:2.1-update1/ESE81/29593:user/release-k
eys" ||

I'm not sure what to do?

Please help!

Omg, thank you so much! That's exactly what I want to do, too! I have most things saved on my computer, so starting over doesn't matter to me! I don't really need a cell phone, which is why I'm OK with the original Droid...but I do need something like a PDA, you know? So it's a wifi only thing!

Again, thank you so much! I hope it works!

Upvote 0
The best thing to do is start your phone over from scratch.

You are going to need to download the latest update here and use rsdlite to flash it.

it has been awhile so bear with me.

Download the file above
download rsdlite here and install it.
open rsdlite plug in your phone select charge only. your phone should show up in under devices.
click on the "..." symbol and locate the file you downloaded earlier and select it
click un-compress (or decompress) and flash
let rsdlite do it things
when the phone reboots click on the android and sign in again. This will make your phone stock out of the box. but everything should be working again.

Reactions: markmclark
Upvote 0
It isn't showing up at all :( I get the "USB Connected" notification and the "USB debugging connected" notification. USB Connected only allows me to turn on USB Storage.

I can't seem to find the "Connect to PC" like my MyTouch 3G had, either...

Also, I've tried multiple USB cords and only one of them seems to be working with my phone :mad:

Upvote 0
No you should not need it. since you rooted I am assuming you have drivers installed for your phone if not download moto helper here https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/88481 and reboot your computer,plug your phone in, let your drivers for each usb mode. Then reboot your computer again. when your pc is up run rsdlite with your phone plugged in and see if it see's it.

Reactions: markmclark
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones