• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cannot use HTC sync

Hello
All

I recently brought a new HTC wildfire from INDIA and when i tried to use the HTC Sync from the HTC website all i get is a error messge on the phone and nothing else

I tried to download Application - HTC Sync?for HTC Wildfire does not detect my device i then download the version 2.0.33 to check and see if it works but no luck what so ever.

HTC wildfire being a very good phone i am not at all satisfied with the way the HTC Sync software.

Can anybody please help me with this !!!!!

Regards

Sandy

Upvote 0
Hello
All

I recently brought a new HTC wildfire from INDIA and when i tried to use the HTC Sync from the HTC website all i get is a error messge on the phone and nothing else

I tried to download Application - HTC Sync?for HTC Wildfire does not detect my device i then download the version 2.0.33 to check and see if it works but no luck what so ever.

HTC wildfire being a very good phone i am not at all satisfied with the way the HTC Sync software.

Can anybody please help me with this !!!!!

Regards

Sandy

did you try going into settings, then applications, then development, then make sure usb debugging is ticked on the phone?

Upvote 0
Well I had. I had uninstalled all my usb devices and usb controllers, deleting .inf files left right and centre.

But whenever I enabled USB developer still nothing happened. But when I checked Device Manger there was an 'Other device' present. ADB with a question mark.

I right clicked to update the driver, browsed my pc for the driver myself. Selecting c/<user>/programs/htc/drivers (or very similar). clicked install and it found and installed a driver for the ADB.

It now syncs fine.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I have just bought an HTC Wildfire and set up the HTC Sync. This installed fine and data was synced. However, it no longer recognises my device when plugged into the computer. I get a message saying "HTC Sync port of *device name when set up on HTC Sync* is not responding Please disconnect and reconnect after 10 seconds."

I also get a message on my device fairly regularly along the lines of com.htc.bg has stopped. Force close? I am wondering if these things are connected as com.htc.bg is the calendar.

Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0
I struggled with HTCSync, finally got it to work. Worked fine for about 6 months and then stopped working again. Tried three versions with no success.

Finally resorted to Android-Sync - Installed easily with good instructions, found my mobile first go and has worked perfectly ever since.

Only problem was that it duplicated all my contacts from the mobile to Outlook on the first sync, presumably because it didn't recognise they had already been synced using HTCSync, but once that was sorted it was fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones