1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Cannot view recent Videos/Images/Music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by munro88, Aug 11, 2011.

1. munro88

munro88 Lurker
    None

Aug 11, 2011
    Hi, i have android 2.3 on my Desire Z, with a 2gb sandisk MC that came with the phone.

When i take photos or videos, they will appear after i take them, then after a few hours when i go to view the photo/video again, all that is in place of the photo/video is a grey box with an 'x' in the middle!

At first it was just image and videos but after i download a song and set it as my ringtone, i will hear my phone ring BUT it is the factory phone's ringtone. Thinking wtf, i go to set the ringtone again, but the song i recently downloaded to set, does not appear on my memory card. I either have to power the phone off, or unmount then mount the SD card for it to show up in the gallery/music library.. Is this an android problem or an SD card problem?

Very frustrating!

Help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisement

2. wendolene26

wendolene26 Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2011
    I've had a similar issue. My photos appear on the sd card but when i open the album to view the ones taken in the last day or so disappear. I then create an email and go to attach and they've gone again. A few restarts of the phone seems to have fixed this. Very frustrating though. Anyone any suggestions?

3. jtmorris

jtmorris Newbie
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    Canada
    Experiencing the exact same issue here. I just took two photos, and one disappeared right away. In fact, only the pictures form the first day we had it are visible, but the rest are gone until a reset. Then they are visible for a while, but then disappear again.

Super annoying.

4. jtmorris

jtmorris Newbie
    None

Sep 2, 2010
    Canada
    HTC support had me remove the battery and sd card. Wait 30 seconds and put it back. Then had me go into settings / applications /manage applications / then gallery /then clear data.

... Didn't work.

He suggested next to move contents of sd card to the pc, format the sd card and move contents back.

I will update.

Tags: