• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cann't establish a reliable data connection sony ericsson xperia arc s

I have a Sony Ericsson Xperia arc s.

I am not able to sign in on gmail, google talk and you tube. for gmail the message is "Cann't establish a reliable data connection" and same with Google talk. for you tube, the message is "please check your network connection and system time". Coz of this, i also cann't download from android market
Internet connection is OK and i can use other sites including google without login.

This looks like it is more to do with setting up a google account rather than a problem with the phone.

A lot of sites suggest doing a factory rest to try and kick off the connection (which seems a bit extreme) another suggests:

Just restart the phone without the SIM card, and connect to some WiFi network, so you can login to your Google Account. It will log you into the account, and then you can put the SIM card back.
Android: Can

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones