1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Can's start Samsung Kies

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Anden1986, Aug 11, 2010.

1. Anden1986

Anden1986 New Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Hi everybody! :D

Completely new to Android so please have a little patience... ;)

I am having a lot of trouble with this piece of c**p software - Kies! :( I installed it on my XP SP3 laptop without any trouble but when I start it the program tells me that I need to install .NET Framework 2.0? I have already installed 4.0 and removed all previous versions before that so that sounds kinda strange to me... Well okay I uninstall 4.0 and install 2.0 SP1 instead - When I start the program then it tells me that it failed to launch main stage! Okay I uninstall 2.0 and install 3.5 instead just to give it a go... But nope still nothing!

Now I am getting frustrated so I uninstall .NET framework completely and uninstall Kies. Then I install Kies again without Framework and it aparently tries to install it by itself... Only to give me the error that the file "xnet_framework_3.5" is not a Win32 file?! WT*?!! :S

When that didn't work either I tried to install ALL the .NET framework's and Kies again - One by one! So 2.0 + Kies, no result - Uninstall all! Then 3.0 + Kies, no result - Uninstall! ...And so on! I have also tried to have ALL the .NET applications installed at the same time and then install Kies - Still no luck!! :'(

What am I missing here guys? I would really like to use this software since it looks like it has a lot of neat options... But I can't get it to work! Have tried for 3 days now and the only option I see left is a reformat of my hdd... And I don't wanna go down that road :(

/Anders

Advertisement

2. Farazy

Farazy New Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Hi Anders...i had the similar problem few days back when i purchased the samsung galaxy s & was trying to install Kies.I am running Vista.After a few attempts i finally installed the software from the 2 set of Kies disks which came in with the phone.Initially there will be a series of messages saying that something missing or needs update & especially the .NET messages.Ignore them & make sure that the Kies software is installed properly from the 2 set of disks.After you are finished installing the software , try to open up the Kies on your computer.If its opening up , nothing to worry about.After that had the issue with the Kies not detecting the phone.Finally i came across the fact that when ever the phone is pulgged into computer thru USB , options comes up on the phone to choose the appropriate medium as KIES , MEDIA PLAYER , DATA PORT & USB.Initially i had been selecting KIES option on the phone but the phone wasn't detected by Kies.Finally when i selected MEDIA PLAYER , Kies detected the phone by displaying the phone icon on the top most corner of the Kies interface/enviornment.Now i am convinently transfering data b/w the phone & the computer.

3. kiwijunglist

kiwijunglist Active Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Doctor
    New Zealand
    I have the exact same problem, I have not been able to find a solution.