1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't access contacts. Getting error "process com.motorola.contacts has stopped unexpectedly.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thedov, Sep 26, 2011.

1. thedov

thedov Lurker
    None

Sep 26, 2011
    So here's the deal. I recently rooted my phone and moved lot of bloatware (facebook, yahoo, sprint wallet, etc) to a "deleted" folder I created with Root Explorer. Once I did this, I can no longer access my contacts. I researched online and it appears to have something to do with removing my yahoo mail app. So I went back into Root Explorer to recover my apps and the damn "deleted" folder I made is gone. All original apps that were moved there are gone as well.

I promptly rooted my wife's photon and copied the missing apps into my system app folder. However, they are still not installed. When I try to install them from Root Explorer, they always fail.

What can I do? Someone please help!!!!

Advertisement

2. unkledude

unkledude Newbie
    None

Sep 8, 2011
    Male
    sw pa
    almost bricked ? could look on xda forum for some answers they've got some real good minds over there also

good luck dude

3. Citizen Coyote

Citizen Coyote Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I would restore your phone to stock using a recovery image and start over. Sounds like you deleted something that's not getting replaced by simply copying things over, and you're better off starting fresh.

4. cruiser86

cruiser86 Lurker
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    sell food
    ut/wyo
    noticed the same here after rooting and freezed yahoo stuff. just unfreezed with TB and all good