• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't Access Droid Market- HTC

Hey guys,

So I've owned the HTC Hero for a year and it's an amazing phone- I love it. Only recently I've made a new YouTube account and wanted to sign out the one currently on my phone. That was a problem. I finally cleared all the data and cache on the app (since it comes with the phone), but nothing's happened.
I can watch videos on the app, but can't sign in or else it says "Set up your Google account." Weird, because I'm signed into the mail already.... That, and if I did put info into the sign in box it and loads, it says "You don't have a network connection. This could be a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services."

This seemed okay at the time because nothing was really damaged. However, I just went into the droid market and after 2 seconds, this same message pops up asking for me to sign into my google account. Afterwards, it shows the same error message.

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can access the market and sign into my YouTube account? :thinking:

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones