• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't access Google Market

jalex1611

Lurker
Dec 26, 2012
I did a factory reset on my old Samsung Moment. I no longer have cellular service on the phone, I just want to use wifi on it. The trouble is that after the factory reset I can't access Google Market. I can get my gmail, sign into youtube and google talk, and also use the web browser. Just can't get Market to let me in. It tries to have me go through the Terms of Service. A browser window opens and I get an error message "Web page not available The Web page https://www.google.com/intl/%locale%/mobile/android/market-tos.html might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address. Here are some suggestions: Check to make sure your device has a signal and data connection, Reload this web page later, View a cached copy of the web page from Google."
I've spent 2 days trying to find a solution, but nothing has worked.

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!

i moved you to the samsung moment forum. folks here can probably help you out with this.

now that is odd. i'm on the phone, but one idea is to download the google play .apk file, unistall the current play store and hopefully you have a file manager on your phone so that you can use it to install the .apk.

or the other idea is to try another factory reset and see if that works.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestions. I have done factory resets probably a dozen times today. I haven't been able to install Market/Play. I've tried twice.

I really think this is because I don't have Sprint cellular service anymore on this phone. Surely there has to be a way to work around this. It feels like the TOS (terms of service) page is all that I need to get past to finish setting up market, but I don't know.

My phone number is still programmed into the phone, I just upgraded to a newer phone and wanted the moment for my son to use on wi-fi at home. He can do some things as I mentioned earlier, but I can't install anymore apps than what is provided in the factory setup.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones