1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't access instagram account

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Stan1k, May 28, 2020.

1. Stan1k

Stan1k Newbie

It asks for additional confirmation to know that I own the account but the phone number to which the confirmation is being sent is not mine it says the number ends with 76 but mine ends with 06 therefore I can't verify it. Any help would be appreciated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Do you get the same prompts when trying to log in from a browser? It sounds like the contact phone number is listed incorrectly. Usually, if you log in via a browser and it wants to verify the login, it gives you multiple options including, usually, email.

puppykickr, Stan1k and Dannydet like this.
  3. Stan1k

Stan1k Newbie

Thanks for replying,
    Yes clearly somehow I have wrong Information entered and yes when I try to login from browser it's the same case. I would've had no problem if they asked verification via e-mail because I even tried to change the password to see what happens THROUGH THE E-MAIL. It does let me in, but prompts with the same message again and again to verify the ownership of account with the wrong number making the account unaccessible.
    What do I do now?

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you'll have to contact instagram for more asssistance. there is not much you can do at this point on your end.

lunatic59 likes this.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

If it let's you access your account, can you just go to the user profile and update the phone number? If it accepts the password but won't let you access the account until you verify your identity, then @ocnbrze is correct, you have to contact Instagram.

puppykickr and Dannydet like this.

Instagram

Instagram Forum

com.instagram.android

Bringing you closer to the people and things you love. — Instagram from Facebook Connect with friends, share what you’re up to, or see what's new from others all over the world. Explore our community where you can feel free to be yourself and share everything from your daily moments to life's highlights. Express Yourself and Connect With Friends * Add photos and videos to your story that disappear after 24 hours, and bring them to life with fun creative tools. * Message your friends in Direct. Start fun conversations about what you see on Feed and Stories. * Post photos and videos to your feed that you want to show on your profile. Learn More About Your Interests * Check out IGTV for longer videos from your favorite creators. * Get inspired by photos and videos from new accounts in Explore. * Discover brands and small businesses, and shop products that are relevant to your personal style.

READ MORE
March 23, 2020
Last Updated
Rating
1B+
Installs