1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't access on Google Account after Hard Reset

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by FedericoGB25, Jan 29, 2019.

1. FedericoGB25

FedericoGB25 Lurker

Hello everyone! :)
    I am new in this Forum and this looks fantastic!

I have a little problem with my J5 2016 Phone: I did an Hard Reset, but when he ask me to access on Google Account syncronized with Device, I can't access on my Google account because it ask me to wait 24 hours. I have waited this time, but I still can't access.

I have also tried to make an Hard Reset to my Vodafone Smart E8, and I can access on my Google Account without any problem.
    Can someone help me? :)

Thanks in advance! :)

Milo Willamson likes this.
  2. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Sure I will take this stab in the dark, do you have access to the internet? Okay go to
    "my activity" (type anywhere without quotes) and clear out your sync assisstance data, you should see a cluster of web sites and data, that way you can clear out your google account sync, after that, try resetting your google pasword. Once you did that, you should be able to sync.

3. FedericoGB25

FedericoGB25 Lurker

I have the internet access on hard resetted device, but the problem is that I can't sign in on my google account caused by FRP protection by Google.

4. Milo Willamson

Dude I was just telling you as well, how to over ride the FRP protection too, have you not pay attention to the class?

5. FedericoGB25

FedericoGB25 Lurker

I didn't overrided anything. I just did an hard reset pressing the Power + Volume UP + Home button and Wiped the factory data.

Then I rebooted the device and at the configuration, it ask me the syncronized Google account on device :thinking:

6. Milo Willamson

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

That would be the last account password that was used on the phone. Have you changed your password since the reset?

8. FedericoGB25

FedericoGB25 Lurker

No, I don't

9. lunatic59

Then you should be able to login using your gmail account and the current password. FRP is looking for the last used credentials since the reset.

10. Milo Willamson

Gee.
    I am pretty sure .
    I made it crystal clear, google my activity - turn off sync.
    Or am I posting this for the hecksake of it?

11. lunatic59

If you are talking about logging into the Google account from a PC at https://myactivity.google.com then I'm unclear how deleting the Activity histroy there will in any way help the OP? I think the answer you replied to was my question about resetting the password after the factory reset. The answer was "No". So resetting the password now won't help unless they forgot the original password. then it could be a problem.

If you are talking about turning off sync on the phone, they don't have access to settings to do that.

12. Milo Willamson

Yet another reason why I do not like the net, you may never know who is going to reply after you. But yeah that would be the url, there is a way how to unsync it pretty much in the options on the link.

Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J5 (2016) release date was April 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 410 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

April 2016
Release Date
Reviews