• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't access phone. I have a lock screen with a password and LG Keyboard doesn't work

zablablukas

Feb 26, 2016
So I have an LG G2 Mini and today (2 hours ago from this post) I got a message from my phone that my LG keyboard has crashed. I thought that it will eventually go away because the Messaging system randomly crashes and everything is still ok. So now I want to unlock my screen by typing in my password but I don't get the keyboard to do it. What should I do to fix this?

I meant logging into the play store from a PC. Sorry. I should have been clearer. Even locked, the software will install. With any luck, instead of just popping up the default keyboard, it will prompt you for which keyboard you wish to use.

Once the keyboard is installed (give it a few minutes), then press and hold the power button to shut the phone off. Then try and boot it up. If you don't have a data connection or are not connected to a wifi data source and set to install over wifi only, then your options are limited.

Maybe booting in safe mode might get you past the lock screen long enough to clear the data for the stock keyboard.

To boot in safe mode, press and hold the power button until you see the power off prompt. Then press and hold the power off selection until you see the option to boot into safe mode.

Upvote 0
I meant logging into the play store from a PC. Sorry. I should have been clearer. Even locked, the software will install. With any luck, instead of just popping up the default keyboard, it will prompt you for which keyboard you wish to use.

Once the keyboard is installed (give it a few minutes), then press and hold the power button to shut the phone off. Then try and boot it up. If you don't have a data connection or are not connected to a wifi data source and set to install over wifi only, then your options are limited.

Maybe booting in safe mode might get you past the lock screen long enough to clear the data for the stock keyboard.

To boot in safe mode, press and hold the power button until you see the power off prompt. Then press and hold the power off selection until you see the option to boot into safe mode.
Didn't work, sorry. It didn't even install a keyboard on my phone for some reason. Is there any way to bypass the lock screen?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones