1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't access photos

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by t87699, Jun 12, 2017.

1. t87699

t87699 Newbie

Can't find photos when connected to my PC - just can't find them!
    Never had this problem with any Android phone, but this Vodafone Platinum 7 big problem.
    Not in DCIM or anywhere, searched everywhere but no luck - but they are visible on the phone, so I know they're there.
    Is there a simple way to do this via Bluetooth or 4G?
    Tried several PCs and 2 different cables.
    Can anyone help?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Have you tried finding them using a file explorer on the phone itself? Once you access them it'll narrow it down for you using Windows explorer

Bg260 likes this.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Open the camera app and then look for settings. It should show you the default location where photos are stored.

4. t87699

t87699 Newbie

Hi, thanks for the help

The photos are in Camera, but when I connect to a PC there's nothing in the Camera folder.

The photos say DCIM/Camera but when I look in the folder, empty.
    Tried changing settings to make inviable files visable - no luck.

Any ideas?

Any way to transfer these via Bluetooth or wifi - the problem is that the folder is 4G, so can't use Dropbox, as only 2G available.

Thanks

5. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

How about this...Are you using Google photos on the device? If so, just go photos.google.com and login on your PC.
    And there they be....

6. Leon Marco

Leon Marco Well-Known Member

So you say you have checked 'your mobile' for the photos, you see them there and you can't see the photos on your PC right? One of the reason this could be the problem this is happening would be.....

1) Your device is locked when connected to the pc(swipe lock, pattern lock etc.)

2)you might have turned the phone to MTP mode when you connected your​ phone (you'll get a notification if you want to keep your phone on charging only mode when connected to a PC in the status bar drawer.

These are basic problems you could try using the suggestions to troubleshoot your problem.

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Do you have an SD card by any chance? You could be looking in the wrong DCIM folder. If you have external storage and you plug the phone into a PC you'd have to go to that mount point, probably something like /sdcard/external/ or similar. The camera app will create a new DCIM folder there but still leave the one in internal storage, which is what I think you might be seeing.

8. t87699

t87699 Newbie

Thanks

I think I have too many gigs for Google photos - 2G limit perhaps.

I've checked the whole phone, Sim and internal, and changed various modes when connected.

Its rather odd, I can see Facebook photos in DCIM but the internal photos. I can see all the folders, but no photos.

I eventually downloaded a 100GB free backup app and will do a Clean reinstall when this has been done. Perhaps its a corruption.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.