1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't access the play store

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by manny2308, Nov 20, 2019.

1. manny2308

manny2308 Lurker

I have a tablet used to car diagnostics and is running android KitKat. I was looking for the play store and found it wasn't installed on the tablet. I went onto apkmirror and downloaded the latest version of the play store but when I try to open it, it kicks me out. could there be something installed on the tablet to kick me out of the play store?

2. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Does you tablet have Gapps (gmail,Crome,Google services framework, ...ect)?

Unforgiven likes this.
  3. manny2308

manny2308 Lurker

I don't think it does

4. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Then that explains it. You can look for an Alternative app store. Give me a minute to give you some alternatives.

5. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

6. manny2308

manny2308 Lurker

7. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

F-Droid or G-Droid consider trustworthy
    From there you can download NewPipe, or other alternative AppStore.

Not so trustworthy but Alternatives that I like and use are Aptoid and APKPure. Both offer options for downloading lower versions of the apps unlike Google. The drawback is you never know if theres malware hiden in the app/apks you download. So Im not saying, I recommend them but I am saying I use them. I prefer Aptoid.

Dannydet likes this.
  8. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Im pretty sure that would require rooting your device but try searching "XDA Gapps"..

9. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

Screenshot_2019-11-20-10-08-47.png u Is the app you need from PlayStore a split bundle distribution type? If so there is and app that will provide the fix if you cant get Google PS. Id post a link to YouTube video but it wouldn't be much use so you could start with NewPipe and search "ASI apk" Screenshot_2019-11-20-09-42-52.png

10. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

11. MrJavi

MrJavi Android Expert

I also advice using alternatives other than root. You could wind-up without your app and a bricked device aswell. Rooting is not for everyone. Good luck