1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't activate HTC One M8 online?

Discussion in 'Metro PCS' started by zarar, Dec 18, 2014.

1. zarar

zarar Newbie

Hello!
    I just recently bought an unlocked ATT HTC One M8 from eBay and tried to activate it online today. I put in the IMEI # and was given the message: The provided phone is not eligible for activation via the web. Please use a different phone.

Am I supposed to bring this phone into the store to activate or is this phone not unlocked at all? I checked the IMEI on swappa and it was activation ready.

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

You should know if it was not unlocked when you put your SIM in it - it would tell you then or ask for a code.

I'm assuming you are not trying to activate on a CDMA network, as an ATT M8 will be a GSM model.

3. zarar

zarar Newbie

Yes I'm trying to activate it on a GSM network. Should I call their number to activate it that way?

4. Skynet11

Skynet11 Android Enthusiast

Either that or take it to the carrier store. I recommend the latter. Also, you might want to consider using www.swappa.com for future used phone purchases.

kb0sdq likes this.
  5. carolcityboyz

carolcityboyz Well-Known Member

MetroPCS online activation never worked me. Just place your sim card in your phone and make a skype call to 1 888 8metro8. Pick transfer/change option, give phone number and 8 digits security code. They will ask for IMEI# and SIM #.

6. confed

confed Android Expert

If you call to activate the phone it will be free. Metro does not allow you to activate non-Metro branded phones through the web. All you have to do is call them and they will activate it. Free of charge. Go for it.

Hadron likes this.