• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't activate my phone via*228!

Derpy Hooves

Lurker
Jul 25, 2013
Hi I just now made an account to seek help.
I've called *228 at least 10 times, and every time they tell me they can't activate the phone. The say things like "the phone is locked" and "the phone wasn't scanned properly". They also tell me I need to go to a physical store and get it activate, but here's my dilemma, if I go to a store they want to charge me $20 to activate it plus they want me to pay $65 for my first month service, needless to say, going to a store is out of the question for me. So how can I get this phone activated? Is the IMEI number bad or not registered? I don't know what else to try...

I had a problem trying to activate one of my phones (Iphone 4) via *228 yesterday. Don't remember the exact message. I went online and started the activation process online then of course it says to call *228 and I did and phone was activated.

Might be worth a try. I also got a message that said 4G devices couldn't be activated via *228, I guess due to the sim card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones